Windstar Cruises announces 2014 Dreams of Tahiti voyages open for sale. Wind Spirit, the line's newly renovated 148-passenger sailing yacht, will sail seven-day voyages from the capital city of Papeete, Tahiti, beginning May 2, 2014, with stops through the Society Islands of Moorea, Tahaa, Raiatea, Huahine, and Bora Bora . Dreams of Tahiti will sail through to November 7, 2014, with voyages starting from $2,799 per person.
"There is no better way to experience the true wonder of Tahiti than from on board our sailing yacht Wind Spirit," said Hans Birkholz , Windstar Cruises' chief executive officer. "Our guests can enjoy the beauty of Polynesia as we voyage from one island to the next, staying overnight in most ports to give guests time to savor paradise."
The week-long voyage on Wind Spirit begins in Papeete, Tahiti and sails to:
- Moorea (overnight) – the beauty of this unforgettable island of love lies in drama and adventure.
- Tahaa – this fragrant island is known for its abundance of vanilla and offers a glimpse of the traditional tranquil life of the Tahitians.
- Raiatea (overnight) – recognized through French Polynesia as the 'Sacred Island,' it also serves as the cultural heart of French Polynesia.
- Huahine (overnight) – known as the Garden of Eden, with lush forests, untamed landscapes and quaint villages.
- Bora Bora (overnight) – an island paradise in the South Pacific, known worldwide for its natural beauty.
On shore, excursions are delivered in true French Polynesian style. Vacationers can hop on a colorful Le Truck in Papeete for a scenic drive and cultural experience all in one; watch villagers on Tahaa wade into the lagoon and beat the water with rocks in the ancient practice of stone fishing; experience life in a traditional Tahitian village at the Tiki Village Cultural Center on Moorea; or just simply gaze into a fiery sunset and watch for the green flash as the sun melts below the horizon.
Windstar Cruises operates a fleet of small luxury cruise ships known for their intimate yacht-style experience and unique voyages to the world's best small ports and hidden harbors. Its three recently renovated sailing yachts carry just 148 to 310 guests and cruise to 50 nations, calling at 100 ports throughout Europe, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, and Central America. In February 2013, Windstar expanded its fleet with the purchase of three motorized, all-suite ships with a capacity of 208 guests each. Under the project name Global Windstar, the expansion will double the size of Windstar's fleet, making the company the market leader in small-ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,230 berths. For more information including rates and itineraries, contact a travel professional or call Windstar at 800-258-7245.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.