Royal Caribbean International today revealed its next vision of dining at sea which will debut onboard the much anticipated Quantum-class ships. “Dynamic Dining” is a completely new culinary experience onboard Royal Caribbean that gives guests on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas a landscape of 18 restaurant concepts as vast and varied as dining in the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. With a new take on the main dining room, guests can choose from five complimentary, full service restaurants, offering more choice and flexibility than ever before. Guests also will be in full control of their own epicurean journey via a smart, new reservations system that empowers them to decide when, where, with whom to dine and how to dress each evening.
“Royal Caribbean has long offered flexible dining options, but Dynamic Dining provides a whole new level of flexibility, variety and quality. We believe our guests will especially appreciate the array of experiences, the selections of foods and extent of choices in our complimentary, full service restaurants. Our specialty dining options are a WOW; now with Dynamic Dining, we are raising the bar by also offering more choices of high quality, distinctive, complimentary restaurants than ever before – this truly changes everything for us,” said Lisa Lutoff-Perlo, Executive Vice President, Operations, Royal Caribbean International. “On our Quantum-class ships, guests will have the opportunity to set out on a spectacular culinary journey – with each night strikingly different from the last. This quantum leap builds upon our existing tradition of culinary excellence.”
A New Main Event Each Night
Dynamic Dining reinvents the traditional, common main dining room as five complimentary, full-service restaurants, each with its own distinctive cuisine and immersive ambience that will give guests a more intimate and varied dining experience every night of their cruise. New restaurants exclusive to Royal Caribbean include:
- American Icon Grill, a take on the classic American road trip, pulling together best-loved regional favorites into one comfort-style menu,
- Chic, where the height of contemporary cuisine is realized and the freshest ingredients, such as proteins that pack a punch and sauces made from scratch, are evolved for a modern palate,
- Silk, a vibrant and exotic destination where the spices of the Far East bring new flavor to adventurous palates through a Pan-Asian menu,
- The Grande, a luxuriant nod to a bygone era of classic European ocean liners when dining was a time honored ritual, featuring timeless dishes, and where every night is formal night,
- Coastal Kitchen, a concept created exclusively for suite guests, fusing Mediterranean influences with the unmatched riches of California’s bountiful farmlands.
Royal Caribbean’s specialty restaurants have always been known for their quality, presentation and service. Now, Quantum-class ships will surprise savvy foodists with a new, multi-sensory venue, as well as concepts from award-winning chefs, including the first-at-sea outposts of Jamie’s Italian, the hugely popular restaurant from Britain’s most famous chef and campaigner, Jamie Oliver.
“I’m thrilled to partner with Royal Caribbean, a brand that continually pushes the limits of what’s possible, to debut my very first restaurants at sea onboard the new Quantum-class ships,” said Oliver. “Royal Caribbean shares my approach to food and dining, which is to serve simple, fresh ingredients in a warm, inviting ambience. I couldn’t be more excited to bring my love of Italian cooking to their guests with Jamie’s Italian. It’s going to be brilliant!”
Next-level signature dining options on Quantum of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas include:
- Wonderland, an elaborate feast for the senses in a setting where Royal Caribbean chefs twist their culinary kaleidoscopes to invent a dreamscape of never-before-seen fare,
- Jamie’s Italian, featuring rustic Italian favorites, handmade using seasonal ingredients and Jamie’s tried-and-tested crowd pleasers,
- Michael’s Genuine Pub, the first American gastropub at sea and the next evolution of Royal Caribbean’s relationship with James Beard Award-winning chef Michael Schwartz, offering simply-prepared food and drinks made with quality ingredients from the best artisanal producers,
- Devinly Decadence at Solarium Bistro, Royal Caribbean’s fittest dining destination, serving the foods you love all under five-hundred calories, designed by Devin Alexander, media personality, New York Times bestselling author and chef of highly-rated television show, “The Biggest Loser.”
Laid Back Options Round the Clock
As a testament to Royal Caribbean’s commitment to both quality and value, Quantum class promises an even broader choice of complimentary, come-as-you-are eateries, which include:
- Windjammer Marketplace, a Royal Caribbean dining mainstay gets a new twist on Quantum class as a global culinary pavilion that invites guests to explore the world, dish by dish through enticing food islands, interactive stations, made-to-order specialties, an on-site bakery and a 24-hour station called The Grill,
- The Café @ Two70?, a new gourmet marketplace serving savory hot-pressed sandwiches, salads made to order, handmade soups and more,
- SeaPlex Dog House, the first food truck at sea offering gourmet hot dogs for all to enjoy in SeaPlex, the largest indoor active space at sea.
Smart Reservation System
Building on a legacy of more than 40 years of innovation and creative design, Royal Caribbean has implemented a number of cutting-edge technological advancements to complement this quantum leap in its culinary offerings. This includes a new reservation system that makes it even easier for guests to make their own choices on when and where they wish to dine. Recognizing guests’ desire to have everything at their fingertips, Royal Caribbean also has developed an all-new planning tool that provides guests full control and flexibility to shape their entire culinary journey prior to departure. The new planning and reservations tool will be available beginning May 15, 2014. For a complete guide to the culinary offerings, visit www.RoyalCaribbean.com/DynamicDining.
Quantum class will debut in fall 2014 with Quantum of the Seas, followed by her sister-ship Anthem of the Seas in spring 2015. Quantum ships span 18 decks, encompass 167,800 gross registered tons, carry 4,180 guests at double occupancy and feature 2,090 staterooms. Quantum of the Seas will sail out of the New York Harbor from her homeport of Cape Liberty on 7- to 12-night itineraries during the winter 2014/15 season. Anthem of the Seas will call Southampton, UK, home in April 2015 and offer cruises to the Mediterranean before being based in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., for the winter months.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.