The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that 'Disrupters and Enablers to Aviation Security' will be the theme for the 2019 AVSEC World Conference (Miami, 26-28 February).
"Innovations in security screening technology, passenger processing and risk management have contributed to improvements in aviation security and the customer experience. But challenges to aviation security are constantly evolving. Keeping a step ahead of security threats requires even greater collaboration by government and industry. AVSEC World puts the top issues in aviation security on the table for a broad range of stakeholders to gain insights on which to make critical decisions," said Nick Careen, IATA's Senior Vice President, Airport, Passenger Cargo and Security.
Keynote speakers include:
- Alexandre de Juniac, IATA Director General and CEO
- David Pekoske, Administrator, U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Chief Thomas Galati, Commanding Officer of the Intelligence Bureau, New York Police Department (NYPD)
- Henrik Hololei, Director General, Directorate General Mobility and Transport (DG MOVE) European Commission
Other conference features will include:
- Balancing Biometrics Facilitation and Security
- Aviation Cyber Security and Beyond
- Screening Challenges and Solutions
- Inflight Security and Safety
- Latin American Regional Pathway
- Workshop in partnership with the ICAO Working Group on Innovation in Aviation Security.
View the complete program and speakers (pdf)
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.