FamilyFun magazine today announces the winners of its fourth annual Travel Awards—the result of thoughtful feedback from 2,000 families who rated more than 400 destinations across the United States. The 20 top winners—and almost 100 runners up—include exciting kid-friendly cities, national parks, children's museums, resorts, and historic sites across the country that are sure to align with any family's vacation style.
"The Travel Awards issue is one of our favorites each year because the winners are chosen by actual parents, and we know that our readers value the real-life advice and experience of families just like them," said Elizabeth Shaw, Editor in Chief of FamilyFunmagazine. "There's something for everyone in our destination categories this year, and we hope our readers will be inspired to go on a new adventure with the people they love most."
This year, FamilyFun brought back some category favorites including Top Kid-Friendly City, Top National Park or Preserve, and Top Historic Site. Editors added Top Family Resort and Top Children's Museum to round out the roster. Of all the regions, the South had the most destinations that fell in the top 10 overall, while the Midwest was a close second.
The top winners from each region are listed below and these, plus the Top 10 overall winners, are described in detail in FamilyFun'sApril issue, on stands now.
- Kid-Friendly City: Orlando, FL
- Family Resort: Great Wolf Lodge, Williamsburg, VA
- National Park or Preserve: Great Smoky Mountains National Park, NC & TN
- Historic Site: National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C.
- Children's Museum: Miami Children's Museum, FL
- Kid-Friendly City: Duluth, MN
- Family Resort: Wilderness Hotel & Golf Resort, Wisconsin Dells, WI
- National Park or Preserve: Badlands National Park, SD
- Historic Site: Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Keystone, SD
- Children's Museum: The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, IN
- Kid-Friendly City: Boston
- Family Resort: The Hotel Hershey, Hershey, PA
- National Park or Preserve: White Mountain National Forest, NH
- Historic Site: Statue of Liberty National Monument/Ellis Island, NY & NJ
- Children's Museum: The Strong, Rochester, NY
- Kid-Friendly City: Honolulu
- Family Resort: Loews Coronado Bay Resort & Spa, San Diego
- National Park or Preserve: Glacier National Park, MT
- Historic Site: World War II Valor in the Pacific National Monument, Honolulu
- Children's Museum: Children's Creativity Museum, San Francisco
The Top 10 overall destinations across all categories included (1) The Strong, Rochester, NY; (2) National Mall & Memorial Parks, Washington, D.C; (3) Great Wolf Lodge, Williamsburg, VA; (4) Mount Rushmore National Memorial, Keystone, SD; (5) Orlando, FL; (6) The Children's Museum of Indianapolis, IN; (7) Great Wolf Lodge, Traverse City, MI; (8) Miami Children's Museum, Miami, FL; (9) Badlands National Park, SD; (10) Disney's Port Orleans-French Quarter, Orlando, FL.
To view the full list of FamilyFun Travel Awards winners, including the Top 10 and nearly 100 runners-up, check out the April issue of FamilyFun magazine in print or online at www.familyfunmag.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.