Paul Gauguin Cruises offers a variety of shore excursions for food and wine connoisseurs this summer on 7-night European voyages.
During the summer, The Moana sails Nice to Rome, Athens to Venice, Venice to Rome, Lisbon to Barcelona, and Barcelona to Nice voyages. Winery tours, wine tastings, a local market tour, and multi-course dining with wine pairings are some of the optional excursions available:
- Elba, Italy—Porto Azzurro & Wine Tasting at La Chiusa: Sample wine and olive oils at La Chiusa Winery, a historic wine estate visited by Napoleon Bonaparte, before exploring the charming seaside town of Porto Azzurro.
- Hvar, Croatia—Wine Tasting Tour of Hvar: Enjoy wines from two of Croatia's most distinguished winemakers, olive oil tastings, and a gourmet picnic lunch.
- Palma de Mallorca, Spain—The Wine Cellars of Macia Batle: See wine cellars where ancient and contemporary winemaking traditions intersect. Take a tour of the winery, taste different wines, and savor local Mallorcan tapas.
- Portofino, Italy—Olive Oil Tasting & Lunch at the Splendido Hotel: Pay an exclusive visit to this world-famous luxury hotel to learn about the many uses and varieties of olive oil, followed by a lunch of Italian specialties.
- Porto Venere, Italy—Wine Tasting in Groppo: Discover winemaking secrets of the Cinque Terre region of Italy, which produces wines that are highly prized around the world. Then, visit an estate atop Groppo hill, and take a guided tour of the wine cellar and vineyards, before tasting three different varieties.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Aigues-Mortes with Lunch & Wine Tasting: Experience the scenic beauty and flavors of Montpellier, the walled city of Aigues-Mortes, and France's Languedoc winemaking region. Dine at La Compagnie des Comptoirs restaurant for lunch before a wine tasting at a boutique winery near Sete.
- Sete, France—Montpellier & Wine Tasting at Flaugergues: Explore Montpellier's Old Town on a walking tour followed by a wine tasting at the Chateau Flaugergues private wine estate in France's Languedoc region.
- St. Tropez, France—Strolling in St. Tropez with Wine Tasting: Enjoy a scenic walking tour of St. Tropez followed by a wine class and wine tasting highlighting traditions of the region.
- Villefranche, Nice—A Taste of Nice: Learn about the culinary history of Nice, famed for its street food, and taste French delicacies, sample a selection of olive oils, discover the secrets of French cheese, and visit an artisan pork butcher.
- Zadar, Croatia—Wine Pairing at BIBICh Wine Cellar: Tour the vineyards and cellars of BIBICh winery, which produce some of the most celebrated wines in the country, before enjoying a six- to eight-course decadent lunch paired with wines.
Guests of The Moana can also arrange private tours and services, customized to their needs and travel budgets, by calling Paul Gauguin Personalized Services (PGPS) at 800-305-5416 or by emailing PGPS@pgcruises.com. With hundreds of options to choose from, PGPS can coordinate air travel, accommodations, customized and private tours, and transfer packages for Moana guests.
Seven-night European voyages on The Moana start from $3,445 per person, based on double occupancy. For additional information, contact a Travel Professional, call 1-800-848-6172, or visit www.pgcruises.com.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.