CruiseCompete has released its CruiseTrends™ and Cruise Index™ reports for the month of May 2014. This report is sponsored by © EyeforTravel Ltd.
We have mined our wealth of data to give you what's most popular among consumers, including the top ships, lines and travel dates for premium, luxury and river cruising.
The CruiseTrends™ report for May 2014 is detailed below. To see more topics and data, please visit CruiseCompete’s Press Room or click here to see the entire May 2014 report.
The CruiseCompete Cruise Index™ for May 2014 is 148, the same as April 2014, and three points higher than May 2013. Regional pricing indices increased in all areas except Alaska and the Caribbean.
The CruiseCompete Cruise Index ™ is calculated based on the average daily per-passenger (double occupancy) cost for the lowest-priced oceanview cabin category on a seven-night cruise on the six largest North American cruise lines. See details and indices by region and Monthly Historical Cruise Prices.
Most Popular Cruise Lines
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each cruise line in the given month)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Carnival Cruise Lines
2. Luxury: Oceania Cruises
3. River: Viking River Cruises
In second place is Royal Caribbean International for premium/contemporary, Cunard Line for luxury and Avalon Waterways for river.
Most Popular Cruise Ships
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each ship)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Allure of the Seas
2. Luxury: Queen Mary 2 (changed from Oceania Riviera last month)
3. River: MS AmaPrima (changed from MS AmaDolce last month)
Next in popularity are Caribbean Princess for premium/contemporary, Oceania Marina for luxury and the MS AmaSonata for river.
Most Popular Cruise Regions
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each region)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Caribbean
2. Luxury: Europe (changed from Mediterranean last month)
3. River: Europe
Next in popularity are North America for premium/contemporary, Mediterranean for luxury and Asia/Far East for river.
Most Popular Cruise Departure Ports
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each departure port)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
2. Luxury: Istanbul, Turkey
3. River: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Next in popularity are Miami, Fla., for premium/contemporary, New York, NY, for luxury and Budapest, Hungary for river.
Most Popular Cruise Ports Visited
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each port visited during cruise itineraries, excluding departure ports)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Cozumel, Mexico (changed from Nassau, Bahamas last month)
2. Luxury: Santorini, Greece
3. River: Vienna, Austria (changed from Cologne, Germany last month)
Next in popularity are Nassau, Bahamas for premium/contemporary, Kusadasi, Turkey, for luxury and Cologne, Germany for river.
Most Popular Countries Visited
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each country visited during cruise itineraries, excluding countries of departure)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Bahamas
2. Luxury: Greece
3. River: Germany
Second are Mexico for premium/contemporary, Italy for luxury and Austria for river.
Most Popular Cabin Types
(Based on the total number of quote requests for each cabin type)
1. Premium/Contemporary: Inside
2. Luxury: Balcony
3. River: Balcony
Most Popular Sailing Months Requested
(Based on the most requested months)
1. Premium/Contemporary: May 2014 (changed from April 2014 last month)
2. Luxury: July 2014
3. River: September 2014 (changed from July 2014 last month)
Other data available at the May 2014 CruiseTrends™ report:
• Number of cabins requested
• Most popular cruise itinerary lengths
• Travel insurance requested
• Cruise line past passenger status requested
• Booking window of time
This cruise trend information is available monthly from CruiseCompete and can be insightful, especially for financial analysts and travel writers. To see 12-months’ of cruise trend data, please click here: http://www.cruisecompete.com/cruise_trends.php.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.