Delta Air Lines (NYSE: DAL) has completed the installation of full flat-bed seats with direct-aisle access in BusinessElite across its entire international widebody fleet, making it the only U.S. carrier to offer full flat-bed seats and the convenience of direct-aisle access on all overseas flights.
The completed interior fleet modifications include all Delta Airbus A330-200/300, Boeing 767-300ER/400ER, 747-400 and 777-200ER/LR aircraft, which represents Delta's largest interior fleet modification investment in more than a decade. With these modifications complete, Delta also is the only U.S. domestic carrier to offer personal, on-demand entertainment at every seat on all long-haul international flights.
The fleet modifications are Delta's latest investment in improving the customer experience. Since 2010, Delta also has:
- Launched international Wi-Fi service and completed the installation of Wi-Fi on all domestic, two-class mainline and regional jets, offering more than 400,000 customers per day access to the Internet above 10,000 feet on more than 870 aircraft.
- Transformed the sleep experience in the air by offering Westin Heavenly In-Flight bedding for customers in the BusinessElite cabin.
- Updated BusinessElite amenity kits with stylish cases from Tumi and skincare product brand Malin+Goetz.
- Built a team of celebrity chefs and James Beard Award winners to offer customers great food and wine selections at 30,000 feet.
- Introduced International Economy Sleep Kits and added new amenities for its Economy customers on transoceanic flights.
Beginning July 1, 2014, Delta also will operate three updated Boeing 757 aircraft with full flat-bed seats on the transcontinental route between New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport and Los Angeles International Airport. These will be the first 757 aircraft in service to feature Delta's previously announced upgrades including full flat-bed seats in BusinessElite on transcon flights between New York-JFK and Los Angeles, San Francisco and Seattle. All transcon flights on these routes will feature full flat-bed seats by summer 2015.
Customers can see a complete overview of Delta's ongoing updates to its products with the Delta Fleet Sheet on Facebook. Images of Delta's BusinessElite seats are available at news.delta.com:
- A330 BusinessElite seat
- 747 BusinessElite seat
- 777 BusinessElite seat
- 767 BusinessElite seat
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.