Amadeus today reinforced its commitment to developing the airport of the future with the launch of Amadeus Airport Common Use Service (ACUS), a next-gen airport platform capable of carrying out all passenger processing functions. The cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution platform will allow airlines and ground handlers to share the physical space and the IT resources of the airport, eliminating hosting and development burden.
The majority of the world’s airports currently run a traditional and expensive common use model, including a long-term supplier and on-site IT infrastructure. The adoption of Amadeus ACUS will allow airports to eliminate costly on-site systems, lowering their operational expenses and minimizing their environmental impact. Furthermore, they will improve their agility and flexibility to respond to unforeseen situations such as weather disruptions and traffic peaks. Airlines will also be able to reduce costs thanks to centralized connectivity to airports and simplified passenger processing. As a consequence of these streamlined operations, passengers will benefit from a quick and fluid airport experience.
Amadeus ACUS’ key features include:
- Application virtualization technology - reduces airports’ need for on-site equipment, saving costs and space
- Delivered via SaaS model, centrally hosted in a state-of-the-art data center – allows scalability and resilience for any size airport, airline and ground handler.
- Based on secure network connectivity and 4G communications – fast and easy to deploy and maintain, able to run operations both on and off the airport
- Connection to all airline Departure Control System and airport applications – cost effective and centralized connectivity for airlines expanding their network to new airports whilst lowering network costs
- Complete end-to-end solution delivery – from software to end-user hardware with 24-7 on-site support
- Compatible with industry standards (CUPPS1 and PCI2) – providing a secure and reliable solution
For more information, please visit the Amadeus booth from 25-27 March at the Passenger Terminal Expo (PTE) in Barcelona.
1 Common Use Passenger Processing System: New IATA CUPPS standard that will replace IATA recommendation 1797 and harmonize the interface among airline applications and CUTE (Common Use Terminal Equipment) platforms.
2 Peripheral Component Interconnect: a standard for connecting computers and their peripherals
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.