Susie Ellis will discuss findings of The Global Wellness Tourism Economy report and share new European wellness tourism market-size data and projected growth during ITB Experts Forum on Wellness
Susie Ellis, Chairman & CEO of the Global Wellness Tourism Congress (GWTC), has been asked to speak during the ITB Experts Forum on Wellness at ITB Berlin 2014, on March 6th, 2014 at 1:45-2:25, at the Berlin Exhibition Grounds, Hall 7.1c, Auditorium Paris, Berlin, Germany.
Ellis will present highlights from the GWTC-commissioned report: “The Global Wellness Tourism Economy.” The landmark research, conducted by SRI International, represents the first time that this fast-growing travel market was sized and analyzed, finding that wellness tourism is already a $439 billion market, and set to grow another 55% to $678.5 billion by 2017. In addition to topline global findings, Ellis will present for the first time key findings on the European market
Highlights from the European wellness tourism data Ellis will present:
- Europe leads the world in the number of wellness tourism trips taken annually (domestic and international combined) - at 202.7 million.
- Europe is responsible for 39% of all wellness tourism trips taken globally each year.
- Six of the top 10 nations for annual wellness tourism expenditures (domestic and international combined) are in Europe (Germany, France, Austria, UK, Italy and Switzerland).
- Germany ranks first among European nations for total wellness tourism trips and expenditures: with 49.3 million trips and $42.2 billion USD (30.72 € billion) in receipts annually - representing nearly 1 in 10 of all wellness tourism dollars/euros spent worldwide each year.
- France ranks second with 27.3 million trips and $24.1 billion (17.5 € billion) in expenditures, followed by Austria with 11.3 million trips and $14 billion (10.2 € billion) in expenditures.
The ITB Berlin Convention is held in tandem with ITB Berlin, the leading travel trade show for the worldwide tourism industry. This is the ninth year that the Wellness Forum has been a part of the ITB Conference and other speakers include Dr. Franz Linser of Linser Hospitality and Roland Lymann from the Lucerne University of Applied Sciences and Arts.
More detailed finding on the European wellness tourism market will be released on March 6th, after Ellis presents.
Media should contact Beth McGroarty (email@example.com) for further information on GWTC and its research.
The Global Wellness Tourism Congress (GWTC) brings together public and private stakeholders to chart the course of the rapidly growing wellness tourism sector. Attendees include government ministers of tourism, health and economic development; CEOs of private companies; leaders and visionaries in related arenas such as medical tourism; and other industry VIPs who present data, engage in open dialogue and map the future of wellness tourism. The next Congress will be held on September 10, 2014 at the Four Seasons Resort in Marrakech, Morocco.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.