The Travel Show is the largest trade and consumer travel event in North America, featuring nearly 500 exhibitors from Africa, Asia, Australia/South Pacific, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, Mexico and the United States. The show will offer discounts, educational seminars and live entertainment for families, individuals, couples and seniors.
The Travel Industry Conference kicks off at 9am ET on 2/28. Attendees will hear from leaders in the industry including, among others:
- Lillian Africano, president, Society for American Travel Writers
- Kate Auletta, founding editor, Huffington Post Travel
- Sylma Brown Bramble, director, Caribbean Tourism Organization (CTO)
- Jason Clampet, co-founder and head of content, Skift
- Terry Dale, president, United States Tour Operators Association (USTOA)
- Doug Duda, immediate past president, International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP)
- Michelle Fee, president, Cruise Planners
- Yana Carter Gutierrez, vice president, American Express Consumer Travel (Keynote speaker)
- LoAnn Halden, media relations, The International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA)
- Tiru Irani, chairman, Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA)-NY
- Kier Matthews, Vice President, sales, Europe Express
- Anne Marie Moebes, executive vice president, Well-Being Travel
- Sree Sreenivasan, chief digital officer, Metropolitan Museum of Art
- Yvette De Vries, president, Association for the Promotion of Tourism
- John Peters, president, Travel Media Group, USA Today
- James Shillinglaw, editor in chief, Travalliance
- Shannon Stowell, president, Adventure Travel Trade Association
- Michael Yessis, editor-in-chief, AOL Travel
- 12:45 p.m. to 1:15 p.m. – Speaker Yana Carter Gutierrez, American Express Consumer Travel vice president
- 1:15 p.m. to 1:50 p.m. - Panel discussion
On Friday, February 28, the Travel Industry Conference sessions will be held from 9am until 5pm ET. The exhibition hall will be open for exclusive viewing by travel trade professionals from 2pm until 7pm. The event will be open to consumers on Saturday, March 1, from 10am until 6pm and on Sunday, March 2, from 11am until 5pm. The show will be held in Hall 3D/E & 1E located on 11th Avenue at the 34th Street entrance to the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City. Admission to the Travel Industry conference is $35 in advance ($45 at the door); admission to the exhibition floor is free with Trade Day registration. On-site registration for Trade Day begins at 7:30am. For a schedule of seminars and exhibitors, and to register online, visit www.NYTimes.com/TravelShow.
American Express is the founding sponsor of The New York Times Travel Show. Supporting sponsors include: South Africa and Visit Florida. Contributing sponsors include: Bahamas Ministry of Tourism, The Florida Keys and Key West and Turkey. Media sponsors include: Family Travel Forum, Global Traveler, GoNomad, OffMetro.com, Passport Magazine, travAlliancemedia, Travel Market Report, Travel Weekly News, WNET-TV and WVVH-TV, Hamptons TV. Industry sponsors include: Adventure Travel Trade Association, Africa Travel Association, American Society of Travel Agents, Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa, Caribbean Hotel & Tourism Association, Cruise Lines International Association, Caribbean Tourism Organization, International Association of Culinary Professionals, International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association, National Association of Railroad Passengers, Pacific Asia Travel Association, Society of American Travel Writers, Professional Travel Bloggers Association, The International Eco-Tourism Society, U.S. Tour Operators Association and Well-Being Travel.
Logos, product and company names mentioned are the property of their respective owners.